The gorgeous Tanya at Bump2Basics has tagged me….and how could I refuse? The idea is that she has come up with some cool, creative, random questions for me to answer and then I need to think of some random questions of my own and tag someone else.
So here is what she asked and here is what I said….
And I’m asking:
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up on a Saturday morning?
This is a funny one….right now I am still nursing the Little Bean, so eeeevvvery morning is the same. Wake up. Prop pillows. Breast feed my little munchkin. Then the day begins.
2. If stranded on a desert island, what one album would you bring with you?
The Miseducation of Lauren Hill. Or What’s the 411? Mary J. Blige.
In my opinion, these are two amazing, awesome albums that remind me of being in the limbo between teenager and adult, when future was still undecided and I was going to jump in and wallow in it all.
3. If you could go back in history for a day, where would you go and why?
4. What makes you angry?
At the moment, the way teachers are being forced to teach in schools right now. The way that they are being watched from over their shoulders, the way the curriculum is dictated and the way that old guys who have never taught or even cared deeply about education are now deciding the future of education in this country.
5. If you had the capital to start a new business, what would it be?
I would open a school with a curriculum written with the whole child in mind. A place where creativity, discovery and innovation have an important role to play in developing amazing students. The teachers would be valued and motivated to teach with passion, rather than being scared about level descriptors, test scores and The Suits that visit classrooms and tell us how to teach. None of this standardised testing, homework for three hours a night, stressed students and teachers. Instead we will nurture the heart and soul, push for the highest potential in each student and motivate them to work for the love of life long learning, rather than to simply pass a test.
6. What’s your drink of choice?
Wine, if I am out. Or a lovely cup of green tea.
7. Are you watching any shows on television at the moment?
House of Cards….F started it and I am kind of watching over his shoulder 😉
8. What, if any, pictures are hanging on your lounge walls?
Some canvases that Little Bee and I painted together. Some canvases painted by my cousin, who is a real live artist. Some canvases that Little Bee painted herself and a family portrait taken by my sister.
9. What’s your favorite book?
Oh my god. Mean question. There are too many. Like Water for Chocolate. The Book Thief. To Kill a Mockingbird. The Great Gatsby. A Fine Balance.
10. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
I like my name now, but when I was little I hated that I had an ethnic sounding name in my school of Lisas, Amys and Emmas. I wanted to be called Jessica or something.
11. What do you think is the best thing about having children?
Being forced to live in the moment. To forget about the “big picture” and to just exist in this crazy moment of snot, food on the floor and in the hair, poopy diapers because when those are gone, it will mean the babies are all grown up…and then I will wish for these moments back!
Okay – so now I get to tag some other bloggers..I haven’t been in the bloggy world lately, but I have been reading these blogs on my WordPress reader and enjoying them…
Life, Love and Lens
Here are the questions:
1. If you could take one song/album to a desert island with you, what would it be?
2. What one piece of advice would you give your child as he/she goes into high school?
3. What is the one piece of advice that you remember most from your own parents?
4. What is your dream job?
5. Would you change anything about what you studied in college or university?
6. Who would you call if you had only one phone call left to make?
7. Where is your favourite place in all the world?
8. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
9. What did you like best about your childhood?
10. Why/How did you start your blog?
11. What is your favourite day of the year?